Barrister, Solicitor & Notary
Tel: (709) 466-6535
Fax: (709) 466-7109
Greg French joined the firm as an associate in June 2012, moving to Clarenville from Fredericton, New Brunswick. Prior to joining our firm, Greg had articled at the New Brunswick Court of Appeal under the Chief Justice of New Brunswick, the Hon. J. Ernest Drapeau, and had also interned at the New Brunswick Department of Justice and Consumer Affairs in their legislative drafting division.
Greg graduated from Memorial University with a Bachelor of Arts degree, with joint honours in German and Political Science, and as well with a Certificate in Criminology. From there, he attended the University of New Brunswick Law School, where he received his Bachelor of Laws degree. At UNB, Greg was actively involved in student government, serving as Treasurer of the Law Students’ Society and Chairman of the Society.
Greg currently serves as a Director of the Clarenville & Area Chamber of Commerce, and is serving his second term as the Central Newfoundland Regional Representative for the Newfoundland & Labrador branch of the Canadian Bar Association.
Greg practices in many areas of law, including criminal, family, real estate and property, marine and admiralty, and insurance law. Greg has a particular interest in Newfoundland property law and has researched and read extensively on its history and development.
- LL.B., University of New Brunswick
- B.A. (Hons.), Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Certificate of Criminology, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Eastern Newfoundland Regional Appeals Board (Urban and Rural Planning Act & Municipalities Act)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Human Rights Commission
- Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission Review Division
- Provincial Court of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Provincial Court of Newfoundland and Labrador, Small Claims Division
- Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador, General Division
- Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador, Family Division
- Newfoundland and Labrador Court of Appeal
- Federal Court of Canada
C. Corazza & G. French, “Expert Witnesses”, New Brunswick Solicitors Journal, Vol. 9, Issue 1 (Spring 2013).
G. French, “Property Interests in Resettled Communities”, (2015) 66 U.N.B.L.J. 210.