Zac is originally from the Town of La Scie, on the Baie Verte Peninsula, and is the first lawyer to hail from that community since its inception in 1826. He now resides here in Clarenville and has been practicing law since October 2022 with Mills Pittman Twyne Law Offices as an associate. He attended university at MUN before studying law, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and History, with first-class honours, in 2018. He then attended law school at the University of New Brunswick Faculty of Law, graduating in 2021. He then articled as an articled clerk with the firm for a year, starting in late 2021. After being called to the bar in late 2022, Zac returned to the firm as an associate and has been with the firm practicing law ever since. Zac has appeared before multiple levels of Newfoundland and Canadian courts, including at the Provincial Court of Newfoundland and Labrador, the Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador, and at the Federal Court of Canada. Zac has also appeared in front of the Residential Tenancies Board, and is a member of the Canadian Bar Association.
In his private life, Zac enjoys spending time reading, cooking, and indulging in his musical passions, such as singing and fiddle-playing. He is an active member in his church community at St. Mary’s Anglican Church here in Clarenville and is a member of the parish vestry board.
- B.A. (Hons.) (Political Science & History), Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2018
- J.D., University of New Brunswick, 2021
- Newfoundland and Labrador Residential Tenancies Board
- Provincial Court of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador General Division
- Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador Family Division
- Federal Court of Canada
- Canadian Bar Association – NL Branch
- Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Vestry Member, St. Mary’s Anglican Church