A native of Clarenville, Pat started her career with Mills Hussey and Pittman, as the firm was known then, in 1999. Pat went on to work for the government, spending over 15 years as a Crown Prosecutor, and then working with the Newfoundland and Labrador Legal Aid Commission as a staff solicitor and later as Area Director. In 2023, Pat returned to Mills Pittman Twyne Law Offices.
Pat practices in the areas of family law, criminal law and estates. She has particular knowledge and experience in dealing with the needs of families of disabled children and adults, particularly in the area of estate planning for parents of disabled children. She is an active volunteer and advocates for the autism community and for mental health awareness.
Pat brings over 20 years of experience to private practice. She has appeared in all levels of court in this province and has extensive experience in family and criminal law. In her career, Pat has defended clients charged with serious crimes and has conducted countless trials and appeals in criminal and family cases before the trial courts of this province.
- LL.B., University of New Brunswick, 1998
- B.A., Memorial University of Newfoundland, 1994
Professional Memberships & Community Involvement
- Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Canadian Bar Association – NL Branch
- Clarenville Rotary Club
- Workplace Health Safety and Compensation Review Division
- Provincial Court of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador General Division
- Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador Family Division
- Newfoundland and Labrador Court of Appeal